Riverside Cares also focuses on helping students gain confidence in their own ability to react to an emergency.
Location and Details
If you are joining us on one of our public training days you will have a wide variety of dates to choose from and you will be taught in small groups (12 maximum)
- Classroom day sessions 9.15-5.00 are taught in our Holborn training room, close to Holborn Tube Station, London.
- This session is preceded by completion of the self-guided e-learning session accessible from via the internet with special log-in and full support supplied by Riverside Cares
- Option available to organise the classroom session for your own private group at a location of your choice (our team will work with you to find a suitable convenient date for you)
This accredited full paediatric first aid course suitable for both the Ofsted Compulsory and Voluntary registers is taught by blended learning. You will be given your own unique login code to access 6 hours interactive paediatric first aid training. Log in is available 24/7 when it’s most convenient for you to do the course. The E-Learning segment can be easily accessed from computers, laptops and tablets. You can choose to complete this module in one go or by logging in and out as they complete each segment.
When you have completed this module you will attend a one-day practical session on one of our classroom dates in our Holborn Training room (a short walk from the tube station).
You need to complete your ELearning prior to attending your classroom day. If you are not sure which classroom date you require, you may complete your ELearning module first and then book your classroom date. If you prefer that option just let our a member of Riverside Cares know (our sessions obviously get booked so best advice is not to leave it until the last moment before booking you classroom day,
What you will learn:
What is First Aid
- First Aid in early years settings
- Responsibilities of First-aider
- Primary Survey
- Unconscious causality management
- Infant and Child resuscitation
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Breathing disorder
- Head Injuries
- Childhood illnesses and conditions
- Allergic reactions
- Heat and cold
Rest assured that by choosing Riverside Cares to deliver your training, you will always be taught by a highly experienced trainer whose aim is to ensure you know what to do should a medical accident or emergency occur.