To undertake this re-qualification course students must have successfully completed a First Aid at Work Certificate within the previous 3 years. If you do not fulfill the criteria for this course please refer to Riverside Cares Level 3 First Aid in the Workplace Award 3 day course.
Re-qualification in First Aid at Work RQF Level 3 Award is made up of two units, each taking one day to complete. In order to receive the award you must achieve success in both units.
This course is delivered in your own setting or in a mutually agreed setting.
Our flexibility enables students to choose how they wish to have their training delivered. Training can be delivered on two consecutive days or delivered for the two days to be delivered on two separate weeks.
Students will build on previous knowledge, update their skills and improve their ability to administer first aid and basic life support.
The course comprises theoretical and practical sessions delivered and supervised by your Instructor covering over the two days of training:
- Unit 1 First Day Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2 Second Day Recognition and management of illness and injury in the workplace
- Responsibilities and reporting
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Assessment of the situation
- Bleeding control
- Recovery position
- Suspected chest injuries
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Infection control
- Suspected head and spinal injuries
- Major illness