One day Course 09.00 to 17.00 in Central London.
The session is delivered to small groups in a relaxed, but informative environment, by highly experienced First Aid Instructors using a variety of learning methods.
The course, which enables carers to provide appropriate First Aid when an elderly person has an accident or is suddenly taken ill, also meets the requirements for the Level 2 Emergency First Aid in the Workplace Award and is suitable for:
- Caregivers working with the elderly at home
- Caregivers working in a care home
- Person who needs to act as an ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ practitioner.
Assessments will take place throughout the day and alongside a multiple choice test. Certificates are valid for three years.
- Understanding how the ageing process affects First Aid
- Responsibilities and reporting
- First Aid Boxes
- Assessment of the situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Minor injuries
- Basic hygiene in First Aid
- Bleeding control
- Common medical conditions in the elderly.