This Nanny First Aid Emergency Paediatric First Aid 1 day course is suitable for nannies, au pairs and those who wish to join the Ofsted Voluntary Register. This is also suitable for staff working in settings as part of a team where a sufficient number of other staff members hold a full Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid Certificate (12 hour) accredited by the Qualification Network
Assessment will be carried out throughout the day. Attendees will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment, for example providing CPR to a casualty on the floor. There will also be a multiple-choice examination at the end of the training day.
- First Aid in early years settings
- Responsibilities of the First aider
- Assessing and prioritising emergency situations
- Primary Survey
- Managing an Infant or child who is unresponsive
- Infant and child resuscitation
- Recognising and managing an infant or child who is choking
- Recognising and managing an infant or child who is suffering hypovolemic shock
- Managing wounds and bleeding in an infant or child
- Recognising and managing seizures in an infant or child
Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
Students who complete and pass the course will receive an e-Certificate valid for three years (eCertification is accepted by OFSTED) if you would also like a hard hard copy certificate posted to you, at the end of successfully completing training or at a later stage click this link to purchase one