The importance of food safety in a setting where food is cooked, prepared or handled is underpinned by health and safety legislation that places a duty on employers to establish policies and procedures and ensure their employees receive appropriate training. If you wish to work in an environment where you will be handling food this course meets food industry requirements and all aspects of food safety.
Full-Day Course (by zoom ) 9-4
£250 for up to 15 attendees
If you would like in-person training in your setting or business (price on application).
- The importance of food safety legislation
- An understanding of basic microbiology
- The importance of personal hygiene
- Ways of preventing food poisoning
- How to keep food area’s clean and hygienic
- Keeping food safe using appropriate food storage and handling
- The importance of pest control
- How individuals can take responsibility for food safety
- Design and construction of premises and equipment HACCP (Compulsory Food Management Systems)
Riverside Training Company In-House Food Safety in Catering Course L2
You will be assessed throughout the day and undertake a multiple choice test.
Riverside Cares recognises that individual students needs are best met by a flexible approach to learning.