Taking a deep dive together with the trainer you will learn:
- The basics of why a child may be acting out
- How to spot the signs in advance
- Develop strategies to confidently, consistently and effectively diffuse or manage a challenging situation
- How to adapt your approach next time a situation occurs
- Ways to avoid shouting and the cycle of escalating threats
- We’ll discuss how an incident impacts on the childcarer and how to manage stressful situations. If you employed as a childcarer you will be shown how to report about an incident.
This completely interactive live session has been designed with parents seeking strategies for their own child and for nannies, au pairs, childminders, family members and babysitters.
Session dates and times and age of your child:
Next session January 14th 2021 10.30-11.15
Jill Wheatcroft MSc, BSc Community Children’s Nursing, RSCN, Post Grad Dip Academic Practice, First Aid Instructor, A1 Assessor has extensive experience in Early Years. A Paediatric Nursing Sister by training, for many years she was a Lecturer in Child Health at City University, London. Her depth of knowledge of childcare at home, in the community and in children’s wards has enabled her to support families and professionals underpinned by her extensive knowledge. Jill, co-founder of Riverside Cares, est.1989, has always been passionate about ensuring children’s safety and well-being.