Unit 1 provides learners with the knowledge required to work with children in a home based.
Unit 2 prepares learners to set up a home based childcare business.
Assessment is through a portfolio of evidence which will be marked by your assessor.
- Understand current legislation and regulation in relation to home-based childcare
- Understand how to establish a safe and healthy home-based childcare environment for children
- Understand how to support the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Understand how to promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand how day to day care routines promote children’s well-being
- Understand how to work in partnership to support children’s outcomes
- Understand children’s learning and behaviour in relation to sequence, rate and stage of development
- Understand the value of play in promoting children’s learning and development
- Understand the role of observation in promoting children’s learning and development
- Understand how to lead and manage a home-based childcare setting
- Understand how to comply with financial and taxation requirements when setting up a home-based childcare setting
- Understand how to create a business plan
- Understand how to register with the appropriate regulatory body.
- This course can be taken over a 4 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.