- Course duration 3 hours
This course covers areas such as ‘the signs and symptoms of abuse, procedures to follow if you have concerns’. It meets all the recommendations for Welfare and Safeguarding made in the EYFS 2014. It’s suitable for your staff including:
- Early Years Sector staff
- Midday Supervisor
- Play workers
- Work as non teaching staff in a school
- Assessment is carried out informally during the training.
- Introduction to safeguarding
- Definitions of significant harm, abuse and neglect
- How the quality of care that children receive can have an impact on their health and development and early intervention
- Signs and indicators of abuse
- Exploring what happens if you have concerns
- Documentation and sharing of information
- CAF assessments and documentation
- Reflecting on working together to identify, assess and meet the needs of children where there are safeguarding concerns
- Learning from serious case reviews about parenting and family factors which can impact on children
- Reflection on how staff can protect themselves from allegations of abuse
- Recognising warning signs in the behaviour of adults working in a childcare setting and whistleblowing
£300 for up to 20 staff
Additional staff will be charged at £5 per person to a maximum of 30 attendees. Expenses may apply if outside London postal codes.
We also run courses for individual staff at our training centre.