Why choose this course
This course develops the skills and knowledge that you need to work with Children from birth to 19 years. It is accredited by NCFE Cache and is currently offered as an eLearning programme.
Why Choose This Course?
- Offered via your computer this course is especially well suited to people who cannot attend college, it is an E-Learning course – you study where and when suits you best and in study ‘chunks’ that are manageable
- It is an excellent starter course for someone exploring childcare as a career choice or as a parent wishing to understand more about their child’s development
- It enables you to show on your CV that you have gained vital underpinning knowledge
- The course is suited to both nannies and childcare professionals working in settings or in schools
- If you have been working in childcare for a period of time this course enables you to consolidate your knowledge and gain a widely recognised qualification
- 10-12 months
- 200 hours in a real work environment
- You will be assessed using various methods by your Personal Tutor / Assessor and will need to be either already working in a childcare role or be prepared to undertake a voluntary placement for a minimum of 200 hours. On completion of the training you will be able to work as an assistant worker in settings such as: Nursery, School, Play Group or Children centres.
This course carries 35 credits
E learning Course
Total of 35 Credits – 11 Mandatory Units =29 Credits plus optional units 6 credits.
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people Knowledge 2 3
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
Plus Optional Units = 6 credits
If you wish instead to pay in installments the charge will be a deposit of £225 plus 10 monthly payments of £62.50 paid by direct debit plus NCFE Cache registration £103.00
Riverside Cares use Laser Learning.