Previously known as the Basic Food Hygiene Course, it is delivered in a classroom setting and will be of particular value for people who work or wish to work in a catering setting, or handle and prepare food in a school, nursery, restaurant, cafe, community centre, care home or a family home
Successful candidates will be awarded the nationally recognised Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering accredited by Qualification Network.
QNUK Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Outline employers and employee’s duties relating to health, safety and welfare at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety legislation
- Outline the requirements for training and competence in the workplace
- Outline the ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
1 day course 9am-4pm or hours agreed with trainer
- The importance of food safety legislation
- An understanding of basic microbiology
- The importance of personal hygiene
- Ways of preventing food poisoning
- How to keep food area’s clean and hygienic
- Keeping food safe using appropriate food storage and handling
- The importance of pest control
- How individuals can take responsibility for food safety
- Design and construction of premises and equipment HACCP (Compulsory Food Management Systems)
You will be assessed throughout the day and undertake a multiple choice test.
Riverside Cares recognises that individual students needs are best met by a flexible approach to learning.