Jill and Emma will be talking about these topics and you’ll have lots of opportunities to ask individual questions too!
- Baby Led Weaning and other options
- Faddy Eaters, is there such a thing?
- Can Food Allergies Be Passed On?
- When should weaning be delayed? Transitioning from breastfeeding
- How to avoid slipping into the food-as-a-reward habit
- Getting past ‘food refusal’
- Really understanding portion size
- Role modelling – when and why does this matter
- Increasing fruit and veg in the diet
All about our Experts
Dr Emma Haycraft BSc, PhD, SFHEA
Emma has expertise in caregiver-child interactions, particularly in the context of feeding, eating and mealtimes. She has been conducting research in this area since 2003 and has led a variety of research studies that have contributed to the information contained within the Child Feeding Guide. She is a Reader in Psychology at Loughborough University and specialises in Health and Wellbeing
Jill Wheatcroft MSc, BSc Community Children’s Nursing, RSCN, Post Grad Dip Academic Practice, First Aid Instructor, A1 Assessor
Jill has extensive experience as a Paediatric Nursing Sister and Lecturer in Child Health. Her depth of knowledge of childcare in home, community and hospital settings enables her to support others working in the childcare sector, as well as providing sound well thought out advice and support for families, underpinned by her extensive knowledge. Jill, co-founder of Riverside Cares, established 1989, has always been passionate about ensuring children’s safety and well being.